Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Hmph.

Aunt: So, have you got the courses(modules) you wanted to study?
Me: yah.
Aunt: So what are you studying for this year( semester)?
Me: 3 Japanese Studies modules, 1 lang module and basic translation.
Aunt: Huh?! Why all Japanese wan??
Me: I am majoring in JS what.
Aunt: Then for the whole year you are studying Japanese only arh? No other thing like social or history??
Me: Ya, I am majoring in JAPANESE studies, so I study the society, history and culture of Japan.
Aunt: Then what use does it have in your future? Got what relevence to your job next time??
Me: ...
It is my interest mah!
Aunt: but u study JApan for what? What can you work as next time??
Me: I study 40 modules over 4 years leh, they(job interviewers) don't look at every single module I study. Eventually I graduate with an arts degree mah.
Aunt: But still, what u study MUST be relevant to what you do next time what!
Me: ....
Ok lor, next time I move to Japan to work! (walking away...)

Is is so difficult to understand WHY?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home