Tuesday, January 09, 2007

First Days.

I had a couple of first days in this new year.

Last Saturday, SYC had our first rehearsal of the new year. We were promptly organized into our 'circles', a new system set up by the exco in order to improve overall performance and standard of the choir. Of course, there will be people who are unsatisfied with the system, or feel that it is unnecessary. But I know the system is just a system; most importantly, people still need to respect the music which we are planning to do. On top of that, it was a busy first practice for me and Jianing. As librarians, we had to give out so many scores and collect even more scores back. Luckily, we work well together and also have 'advisers' helping us out here and there. ^_^

Yesterday was first day of school. It was abit surreal, going back to school after a break and seeing the arts canteen gone. The crowd at the co-op and on campus is unbelievable. I had two lectures - EL1101E and LAJ3202. I really love the the lecturer for EL, Dr. Abraham. She's really interesting and engaging. As for LAJ (Japanese 6), Dr Amazaki is surprisingly good as well. He seems friendly and very organized. Kinda relieved that we didn't get our previous lecturer back. *phew* To our relief, we do not have to do a project. But instead, we need to keep a Japanese blog. The topics which sensei set are quite interesting, and I've already signed up for my blog. Here's the address: http://frownie.exblog.jp. Hope everything will go well. (=

Am supposed to go for tuition today, but it was canceled. Still haven't found a comfortable way of teaching my tuition kid yet, and I hope to really help him pass his Chinese. Need to start making him do essays real soon...

Has been a rainy day today, but it is welcomed because the past few days have been really warm. I cooked creamy pasta with prawns and mushrooms for lunch today, and Weiwei came over to eat. Spent most of the afternoon lazing in front of the TV watching Jacky Wu horsing around. Ahhh... when will my study mode be switched on? Gotta search for the switch REAL soon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home