Saturday, December 30, 2006

Making Donuts



Since after I came back from Fukuoka, I have tried my hands at cooking and baking more often. I first start off by helping my mum prepare dinner (since my lessons always end earlier this sem), and then I attempted to prepare simple dishes and easy-to-prepare meals such as pasta, fried rice, stir-fried vegs, etc. Nothing too fancy.

And during the holidays, I baked muffins, and just yesterday, I tried making donuts. Here are some photos of the donuts:

My mum had the recipe from almost 10 years ago, when she first took up cooking and baking classes at the nearby community centre. I seem to have discover a comfort in cooking and baking; it's quite therapeutic, takes your mind off things as you concentrate on mixing the ingredients, making sure everything follows the recipe well and sometimes, well, add a lil creativity to your food. :) I wish I have the confidence to tackle more interesting recipes, but after all, the kitchen is not my territory. (It still belongs to my mum.) Plus, I have to ensure that what I prepare will be welcomed by the family. Anything too foreign or rare, don't think my family will like them. Haha. Well, I better stick to Asian food recipes, and the occasional italian pasta and french pastries. Haha. That'll be my next try - butter crossiants. : )

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home