Reflections 2006
It has been a good year for me.
In terms of music in syc, I was given the opportunity to perform in a small group of 10 in the Madrigali concert in March 2006. There were tears, quarrels, misunderstandings, panic attacks, laughters, extra rehearsals, ear-gruelling out-of-tune singing; but we did put up a great performance. I overcome my own fear, insecurities and emerged a stronger and more confident singer. And there was the KL-bonding trip in June 2006, which really bonded a bunch of us together. I am grateful to have the friendship with many of my tjcian seniors, and as well as some non-tjcian friends. Though I missed the Gloria concert in August 2006, I had the chance to attend rehearsals and the concert as a listener, and realized how weak we really are. That allowed me to provide feedback to my friends so that we all know, we can become better. Being appointed the librarian in October 2006 together with Jianing also allowed me to contribute to the choir. Although 2007 will be tougher in terms of music and discipline, I am confident I'll be able to sing better, and perform better music together with the choir. : ) As for nuschoir, I left them after VV06. It was a great concert, I must say. And I am glad that the music comm managed to pull the choir through two competitions and one concert. The choir has grown from there, and it's really a heart-warming thing to see.
In terms of studies, things are finally looking up for me. After leaving nuschoir, I really had more time to study and prepare my work. Although I gave myself more unnecessary stress, I am glad it all turned out well. I also had the chance to go Fukuoka, Japan, in July-Aug 2006 for a 6-week summer program, and it has improved my language skills a little. I have made valuable friendships with different international students, and I love Japan more and more now.
In terms of relationships, I am glad Weiwei and I are still going on strong. We have our own problems, but things are always good. I am glad that he's always there for me. This year has been a year of 21st birthdays, and I am happy for my close friends who have grown up, become more mature, and enjoying whatever they are doing right now, be it in school or overseas, or working. It is really happy to see the 5 of us (hi^5!) still bonded and meeting up often. Please be happy and study/work/NS hard!! : )
Personally, I feel that I have become happier. Of course there are still moments when I feel so down and out, and that's when I really really feeling like giving everything up and just let go. But there are always people there for me and I know I have to be happier, for myself and for others. I have read more books, picked up new interests, known new people. In this new year, everything is a fresh start, and there are things which I have to continue to work hard for.
It'll be a good year ahead.
Labels: Life

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home