First day at work!
First of all: Farewell to Jo!!! Hope you have the biggest time of your life at Yellowstone and US!!! =D
'Twas my first day at work today. And so i dressed up office-style, took the MRT with many other white-collared workers, alighted together with them at Tanjong Pagar and with brisk footsteps, I walked to my office building. Alas! I was too early. Hoho. I loitered around (and looked stupid because I was the only one strolling while everyone brisk-walked. Tsk tsk.) for awhile before going up to the door. It is a small office, with no windows. Just cubicled work stations with ALOT of big ring files neatly stacked on the bookshelves. I was the second person to arrive, and my colleague showed me to my table and started telling me my job scope. It was confusing at first, as she wasn't very coherent. And when I was left alone to do my work, I was totally at a loss. It's definitely the first time I have to stare at a whole lot of numbers (and they did stared back at me) since after I graduated from TJC. And I think the numbers from Maths C were definitely more friendly then. Oops.
Oh well, they got okay after a while. I mean after lunch. I was practically staring at numbers for, like, 3.5 hours? And then I was told I could go for lunch. So I went out alone for lunch... There were many people around everywhere, crowded at those eating places. I walked aimlessly and reached... Lau Pa Sat. (actually it's very near my workplace lar.) So I just decided to have my lunch there alone. Quite self-conscious, cuz most of the people are in groups. And time really passes slowly when you have lunch with yourself. You finish the food faster than usual, and I was left with alot of time to kill. After buying teh-peng from Yakun, I ambered back to the office, where I was promptly given this 25cm-thick stack of invoices to sort out, using the computer. Meaning I have to type in invoice numbers and prices. *yay* I like this kind of brainless tasks, and finally it's something which I understood. Haha. Surprisingly, I only used around 3 hours to do it, when I thought I can never finish it until tmr.
And then came a good news: They'll be having company lunch tmr so it'll half-day for all. I will not need to attend the (boring) lunch so I get to have my half-day freeeeeeeeee. *yay*
Yawns. It's data-entry-half-day tmr for me. I need to consult my nice-but-not-so -nice colleague on how to create a flawless info file from all those invoice info. *yawn*
Alright, that's one long update on a boring day at work. Gotta zzz. *waves*
P.S. After just one day of immersing in the CBD area of SG, I secretly vowed NEVER to work there in future. It's stifling! =(

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home