(=
This week has been a good week... I had ample time to catch up with all my readings, research for projects and essays. I have more or less stuck to my schedule. It's abit ke xi that I did not ask my friends out for gatherings... =(
Just to let you all have a peek into what I am doing for this semester...
Japanese film and literature :: Film Analysis Essay
I am supposed to watch a Japanese film with either a strong gender theme or an adaptation from a novel. I have chosen Kenji Mizoguchi's The Life of Oharu, which basically talks about Oharu, who fell from grace as an imperial court lady to a prositute. The film is in black and white, and I can only watch it on a small tv screen in the school library. Quite pathetic. I hear static thoroughout the film and have difficulty trying to identify the various characters -They all looked the same to me in black and white! After some nervewrecking work, I have finally churned out the aspect of the film I want to analyse in the form of an essay proposal which I have handed in this morning. Need to watch the film at least two times more to do my essay...
Basic Translation ::
I seldom mention this module in my blog. It has been quite a relatively slack module for me, because I don't find any meaning in reading the two compulsory textbooks at all; the lectures are disorganized. The only fun thing about this module is the assignments that we get to do. No doubt most of them are challenging and required quite alot of time and effort, they are interesting and allow me to do translation hands-on. By the way, it's english-chinese translation, not english- japanese ok. I not so zai! So far, I have attempted translating wedding menu (english to chinese), book recommendation list (chinese to english) and a tour brochure (chinese to english). Personally I find translation from Chinese to English is easier, perhaps because I think I am stronger in English. Haha...
Japanese language ::
Japanese language is getting tougher now, with more grammatical rules and sentence structures to learn. But still, I feel that I am more confident in the language now because during dialogue performances, I am able to speak with ease and remember the meaning of the dialogue, which helps me alot in memorising. I just feel that my tutorial classes are too near in terms of schedule, and I tell myself, never ever make fridays free! *_* (so that my tutorial classes can be more spread out throughout the wk.)
Okay, that's quite a lot into what I have been doing... On top of these, I am also doing 2 projects for my 2 other Japanese Studies module. And SYC rehearsals will be starting from tomorrow onwards. Plus I have to attend nuschoir practices. Oh well, here comes the hectic schedule all over again. Hope I can pull through.... without having my grades to suffer. *cross fingers*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home