Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Japan...

Actually, I do miss japan.

I miss the quiet in the trains and buses.

I miss the food. Especially the delicious ramen. And kaiten sushi.

I miss the nice Japanese people.

I miss the countless board games, Harry Potter Uno games with the kids.

I miss sitting down at the sofa with my okasan and the kids to watch tv after shower.

I miss walking to the bus stop everyday, carrying an umbrella to shield from the strong sunlight and enjoying the clear blue sky above my head.

I even miss the noisy sound of the crickets which wakes me up every morning at 645am.

i really miss the kids, the way they talk to their mum and the way they laugh at silly things, the way they look, so blur, when they just woke up in the morning.

All these make me dislike Singapore. Since i came back i find myself identifying Singaporeans' ugly sides. I find myself being unable to stand Singapore. I feel claustrophobic with all of them around me, so crowded, so rowdy and nosiy.

if i stay in japan for good, will I be happier?

4 Comments:

At 1:38 am, Blogger iMKAiJiE said...

but girl, dun forget the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. i tink u r showing signs of the syndrome.hehe.u miss sg when u r in japan n vice versa.i suppose memories of japan will stay more beautiful as memories of an exchange than a place of residence???-imkaijie

 
At 9:54 pm, Blogger フイジュン said...

haha i get wat u mean, seriously. but when i missed sg when i was in japan, i missed my family and friends, not exactly singapore per se. haha. for me, japan will not be just a beautiful memory... cuz i will definitely keep going back for more...

 
At 10:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. shawn frm AH choir. remb me? haha. i love japan too. and i WANT to migrate there in the future. its not just the people, the environment, the culture. its the entire package. the way they make you feel at home. the way eveything just fits so nicely. damn i love japan.

 
At 12:11 am, Blogger Leslie said...

Heya.

It's a wonderful place to live in, but I'm not so sure about work tho. I think it's the kind of respect for one another you get there, that is absent here. And you know how people like to say that although they're very cordial, friendly, smiley and nod-dy on the surface, they're actually just very superficial.
But my personal experience there has proven otherwise.
There's a lot we can learn from that fabulous place, and a lot we can take home... immaterial.. and material. Haha!

See ya soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home