Yay!!! ^_^
I got all my modules for the semester! (= So here goes:
1. Japanese Mass Media
2. Modern Japanese Religion
3. Sound, Grammar and Meaning
4. Japanese 4
5. Genes and Society
I went out for lunch + shopping with my JC mates this afternoon: Weichang, Sock Mun and Xiaohan. We talked about SEP among many other things over Ajisen's ramen, as I secretly regret deciding not to go for SEP. Weichang applied for University of North Carolina in the USA and got it, while another of our classmate, Elizabeth, got hers for Unversity of Birmingham in UK.
How nice to be able to go overseas for studies... I used to have the dream to do that, but as I grow older, the more reluctant I am (part of me) to leave my comfort zone and experience new things. Yet, another part of me relish the idea of travelling and immersing myself in the air and culture of other cities.
I don't know if I still have the chance to do this in the future (SEP is out of the question already), but I think I'll get to experience the way of life in other countries, perhaps in a different manner.
On a lighter note, I had a great time shopping with the girls today. We walked around Bugis Junction and I bought a green eyeshadow, a $9.90 black & purple watch and undies. After much deliberation, we finally bought a Nike shoulder bag for Winnie, the January baby who'll be celebrating her big 21st soon. My friends urge me to come up with a wishlist to 'facilitate' their buying of presents, and I'm kinda touched to know that they're already thinking of my birthday.
As I mentioned in a much earlier post, I won't be celebrating my 21st birthday in a BIG way (no fancy birthday costume parties, no chalet, no buffets, no BBQs, no huge 3 or 4kg cake etc) because it doesn't make much sense to me to invite all my relatives (whom I think would not even know that my birthday falls on which day) or friends whom I haven't been keeping in contact with or not very close to. If I were to celebrate, it would be just a small and cozy affair, perhaps in the comfort of my own home with a few of my mum's signature party dishes as well as extremely close friends who are sincere in wishing me Happy Birthday. As for the wishlist, I'll come up with one very soon, just to help my friends who are thinking of getting me a present. Of course, if you happen to be invited to the cozy affair, you are not obliged to buy anything from the wishlist if you don't wish to. It's perfectly fine with me. And if you happen to be not invited to the party, it doesnt mean you are not important enough to me. (=
"Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, nor the great goals achieved. The real milestones are the less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these."
--Susan B. Anthony

1 Comments:
(I'm important I'm important right right right?? *coming in to purpleviolets blog jumping up and down wanting to be noticed and then running away again*)
Post a Comment
<< Home