Monday, May 23, 2005

W.o.e.s.

Woes have befallen me.

There's the financial woes that I am facing. Jobless and with a schedule filled of only choir practices, I have no means of earning money for my overseas trip. And on top of that, having fallen out with my aunt means she won't be subsidising my trip. I got to pull out around $700 myself. My mum has promised $200, so I need to still put in $500.

There's the spiritual woes that I am facing. Suddenly, life isn't revolved around lectures, tutorials and readings anymore. Sadly, I feel empty because of that. While many of my friends go on to work at cool places, go on little getaways with a bunch of fun-lovin friends, meet new people on their jobs, take up new hobbies or simply get a tan and look healthier. I feel yellow, fat and anti-social. Of course, singing has always been my passion. I am not lamenting about it taking up almost all of my time this holiday. It's just that... It is a three-month summer break, why am I NOT doing anything else besides singing in the choir?

I have yet to answer that question myself.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home