Wednesday, March 02, 2005

It Finally Rained.

I was awoken by the loud plattering of the raindrops on my bedroom window in the middle of the night. It was raining cats and dogs.

And so today, I wore that black sweater to school. It was supposed to be a free day for me, no lessons at all. But I decided that I should pei Weiwei to school, and at the same time do some research for my SS paper on the Teochew Association.

But Da Yi Ma came to find me early in the morning. And after spending 1.5 hours in a Political Science lecture with Weiwei, I decided that after peeking into the Central Library for books, I shall concede defeat and make my way home.

I am just so fed up with myself. I realised I am not good at searching the book catalogue using keywords at all. To think that I can't find a single book on Chinese dialect associations in such a big library, probably bigger than any national library, is just so... Grrr.

Finally, I went home, without accomplishing anything today (that's excluding spending time with WW), and having such terrible cramps.

Harry Potter and The Order Of The Phoenix was there to comfort me after I popped painkillers and gulped down century-egg porridge. My mum cooked hot ginger tea for me.

Ahhh. The perfect excuse not to start on my little mountain of work that is piling up on my table.

On a pretty sidenote, Kheng Koon and Iris got elected as President and VP respectively of NUSchoir. Kudos to them! I was instantly relieved when I heard the news, before a tinge of envy set in. Must have been the habit of me staying at the top for too long. When there are people above me now, somehow, everything will start to look different. I will need to reset myself again. It will be a totally new thing to me, a new way to look at things, a new way to do things.

Can I handle it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home