Cantopop.
For most of my twenty years on Earth, I have to say I listened to cantopop the least. When I first started listening to pop, it was Chinese pop. Then sprinkles of Eng pop, then Jpop (yay!) and some Kpop... Cantopop was out of the question. Maybe cuz I cant understand Cantonese (ok, not like I understand Jpop or Kpop lar... but... U get the drift.)
Recently, I am exposed to Cantopop in various ways. In the beginning, it was Kit who sometimes send me some nice nice cantopop songs, which I really don't understand what they are singing. (that's sad...) Then, Weiwei sang quite a few during our karaoke session that night, and I felt that hey, cantopop is really nice.. much nicer than most other Chinese pop songs... THEN, my brother started to listen to Twins these few days, after buying their newly-released Chinese debut, and *ahem* 'obtained' some of their past cantopop songs... They actually sound very good! Their cantopop songs... Unlike their Chinese songs, they sounded more mature and their music is really good... (=
I am oh so tempted to learn a few cantopop songs, but my cantonese is Really Bad. I can't understand a single word of it. I have to admit it is the most difficult dialect to me... But, it's ok, i will learn when holidays are here!!
*wahahaha*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home