Two Very Fed Up Choir Practices. Tsk.
Choir practices for the past two days was bad. Trust me, they are definitely not for the faint-hearted, nor the musically inclined, nor the self-respecting chorister.
Imagine, singing carols WITHOUT any phrasing, or breathing at the wrong places, or giggling at the student conductor while he is trying to explain something, or not paying attention entirely to him while he is conducting eg reading your sms or even talking during singing???
Arrgh..
And, some seniors who have been in the choir for the past year or two still did not learn, or try to learn, sight singing. Pul-lease, this is a university choir. If they want to be treated like adults, they have to display some self-discipline, don't have to depend on sectionals all the time! Moreover, carols are supposed to be not that difficult. The SC has already played the tune for each section twice, and some still dare complain that he is going at a rate too fast. *gosh* I can't believe it. A University Choir. Yet behave worse than my jc choir. Temasek jchoir, you don't know how proud i am of you all.
And the admin comm's organisation and efficiency is beyond hope. Too disorganised and too slow! No initiative at all by the president and VP. Everything is a one-man show by the SC, and yet when members get out of hand or are complaining abt the SC's 'too fast' speed, President just overwrites the SC and stop the practice. What is This?
I have half the mind made up to quit the choir after the overseas trip next year. And then I would join syc ensemble singers in July, hopefully. And be in time to take part in the concert next Sept. i think NK choirs have an attitude: They only listen to NK, and disregard the SC. Whereas for Ms Tham's choir, this culture is non-existant. And I feel that after spending 4 months in this choir, I have learnt nothing much, as compared to a 4 months spent with Ms Tham.
Well, I just hope that the esplanade performances for the coming two days will be good enough not to let ourselves embarassed. Which I think is very difficult not to. The only reason why I am still going for this carolling session is because weiwei is the SC. If not, I seriously do not give a damn. Period.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home